Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you remember. -Oscar Levant (1906-1972)

So it's been a few days since I've seen Gibby due to changing situations and it is under my skin more than I'd like to admit... I mean here is this amazing man who I love being around and get along with great, but things have been strictly friendship; going on dates but not dating; nothing more than a good night hug. There is no commitment... but not being able to go out and talk face to face about all the big stuff and the little stuff has been really difficult.

I'm not sure how to feel about it... I've purposely been very guarded about everything because I don't want to get hurt or put undue pressure on him. Still, I manage to feel like I'm completely myself around him that somehow there is a connection. What that connection is, I'm not sure. Maybe he's in my life to support me while I'm in the eye of the tornado? Maybe there is a maybe something more of a relationship to come? Maybe somehow I'll manage to help him somehow? Maybe he's the example to look to for a future someone? Obviously I have my preferences on which reason I would like it to be, but I really think I can be okay with whichever one it turns out to be... I just hope he's able to stay in my life for a while in any capacity.

No comments: