Friday, August 17, 2007

In summer, the song sings itself. -William Carlos Williams (1883-1963)

To say the least, I've had my struggles lately. Some I have made for myself and some I have just come along. I realized that a lot of it was because I didn't feel like I was of value to the people around me. I wasn't helping anyone and that sucks. This afternoon at work I slowed down enough to talk with Stacey and see how she was doing. We covered the basic stuff and chit chat and then I stopped and asked the question of questions, "How are you feeling about everything."

My sweet Stacey's eyes welled up with tears. I wrapped my arms around her and we went into the backroom. Helga probably didn't know what the heck was going on, but in that moment she was wise enough to stay away. She didn't go into details and I didn't ask her to since I didn't want to start her crying again. We are going out for frozen custard tomorrow night where we can talk without concerns of ears overhearing. I am so looking forward to being the one to listen... I like being that person.

"Anne" and I had plans to go fragrence shopping and her cousin "Sunny" came as well. It was fantastic.... From one yummy smelling bottle to coffee beans to another yummy smelling bottle. It took my a while and a lot of sniffing, but I came to my decision and Ralph Rocks it is. YUMMY! Olive Garden... yummy as well and even better when you're talking and laughing from salad to take-home boxes.

On the way home there was this amazing few seconds that I had a view of the Jordan River Temple and fireworks in the background from the fair. It went right along with the Sparta song that I had playing and as soon as the temple was out of my sight, raindrops started to hit my windshield. The smell and sound of rain with this overall content feeling was just.... perfect.

A day of tender mercies.

No comments: