Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.

-Og Mandino (1923 - 1996)

Sunday, I had an appointment with my bishop since we meet up every few weeks to make sure things are going alright. He helps me get stronger by giving me assignments like read such and such book or try to do such and such when you are in this situation. I have a small notebook that I take with me to church and to institute that I'll write notes in or thoughts I have and I also include the assignments I get from my bishop. I had finished writing what he wanted me to do and was putting away the notebook when he said, "I have something else for you, but I don't think you'll have to write it down."

It seemed a little weird to me, but I trust my bishop more than I can say. He then said, "Would you accept a call to the Young Women as a Beehive Advisor."

First words out of my mouth, "Are you serious?"

Let me explain where I'm coming from on this one. Young Women is for girls ages 12-18 and it includes a portion of church and also activities, "mutual", which are midweek and for our ward is on Wednesdays. Although I turn 22 in two weeks, I still feel like I just got out of Young Women. Also, I'm still working through things with the bishop (obviously) and I didn't think I could have a calling like that; especially a calling that requires leaders to be such examples. There is a lot of responsibility in teaching these Beehives, which are 12-13, expect the world. Goodness. . . it's a little overwhelming.

I did accept the calling and am trying my darndest to look forward to it. I will be late for mutual activities since I have math and I have to change my institute class, but as crazy as it is, I feel like this is a chance to prove what I can do to myself. . . that I am worthy of this and that I can rock it with help from the Lord.

No comments: