Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Laughing is the sensation of feeling good all over and showing it principally in one spot. -Josh Billings (1818 - 1885)

Two weeks ago I was at work and answered a call from another store to look for something. I was in a jovial mood (which is rare for a Monday) and asked how "Gibby" was. He said something to the effect that he was well, but he was craving something and wasn't sure what it was. In the perky mood I was I said, "It's Dr. Pepper, isn't".

He agreed that it was indeed what would hit the spot and that we should go get a Dr. Pepper sometime. I consented, but figured it would be one of those things that was said, but would never actually happen. At the end of the week, I got another call from him concerning store business, but he tacked on. "So when are we going on our Dr. Pepper date."

"I don't know, when are we going on our Dr. Pepper date?"

"How about Friday, around seven?"

"Okay."

He said he'd let let me know the details and we hung up. When I placed the phone back in it's cradle it hit me. . . beyond that Gibby manages another store and is really nice on the phone, I know nothing about him. . . Thus my fishing began.

On Tuesday I went to my old store to talk with "Cindy" because I knew that they had worked together previously. However before I had said anything about it she says, "Hey, I heard you have a date Friday with Gibby, he's such a nice guy."

I had to laugh becuase apparently I'm not the only one who had pulled out his pole and put a worm on the hook. I found out enough for me to feel secure about the date and left. The next day I was working at the UPS computer when "Luke" came over and half yelled, "Hey!"

This was never a situation that I had before from him so I thought that I had done something wrong or somehow offended him. Once he knew that he had my attention he said, "I just want you to know that Gibby is one of the best guys I know."

So how many ponds has this guy been to? By the time Friday came around I was looking forward to seeing if I could measure up to whatever information he was able to catch.

Although I'm tempted to, I won't divulge all the details. The summation of it all was that I had a REALLY good time. It was the date to restore my faith in men. He was everything good. A gentleman, funny, thoughtful, interested in what was being said, very attractive. . . and that is exactly why he'll never call. It was just too darn perfect.

No comments: