Monday, May 28, 2007

If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much of a day. -John A. Wheeler (1911- )

It has been a titch busy of late. It all began with the pre-Mother's Day phone order rush, continued with Mother's Day itself, starting classes for summer semester, and then trying to catch up with everyone I lost track of during my Mother's Day and school madness. Thank heaven I am to a point where I can maybe slow down enough to figure out what actually happened in the last three weeks.




  • My cell phone contract ends in about a week and I have been really excited. This gives me the opportunity to have a half-way decent phone without having to pay an unbelievable amount for it. I've been taking my time trying to figure out what will serve me the best and after some searching, decided that I want a Motorola SLVR. Come to find out that Cingular is discontinuing the SLVR. Lame. . . . and now I'm back to square one.




  • Along the lines of electronics problems, my laptop is refusing to charge. My VAIO has been through a lot with me so I took it in to have it looked at (and to look at the nerdy computer guys that I find super-attractive). When it came down to it they said it would probably cost me about $180 to get it fixed. I left it and was happy to get it running again, however then I got the call of doom. . . "Hi, this is Cute Nerd. I was looking to order the part we need to fix your computer and the cheapest I can find it at any vendor is $110." . . . WHAT?! So with labor and all, the repair will now cost me potentially $240. It's breaking my heart, but I'm considering maybe just building a new laptop and letting my VAIO go the way of out-dated computers.




  • Good news! I finally made a decision on my MP3 player. I now have a very cute black Zune. Granted, it doesn't have any music on it because of the whole lappy issue, but I am stoked to fill it with music goodness. Along with that, I have finally replaced my broken car stereo. Radio is great, but that's all I've been able to listen to for the last six months. Maybe it's the control freak inside of me breaking out, but I just couldn't stand listening to another of the over-played, idiot-requested songs I kept hearing over and over again. The funny part of it all is that I have played a total of three Cd's in my stereo . . . over and over again. Now I just need a Wii and a DS and pretty much all of my electronic desires are fulfilled.




  • Ed and I got into it a little a few weeks ago. We were talking and I came across as critical and self-righteous which is exactly opposite than I wanted to be. Ed means a lot to me as a friend and it was terrible knowing that I had hurt him. We are talking again now and I even went to hang out with him and the guys for a little bit. I just hope that maybe we can get back to where we were.




  • Justin. . . Justin, Justin, Justin. I've come to the realization that it just will never be there with him. My comfort and love for him has to stay in the friend range, however I also have come to the realization that I am a walking contradiction. I do care about him on a level that is different. . . somewhere in the limbo of friendship and something more. He is one awesome guy and I want him to have the girls of all girls. . . someone that he just falls desperately in love with and can be with forever. That being said, when I hear things that could potentially mean that for him, I have this green monster inside of me that is just enraged with jealousy and also hurt that I'm not that one.




  • Trying to figure out the whole friend/dating thing can be a little bit difficult. The situation with Logan is a little bit different than with Justin because we haven't dated before and it's easier to stay in the friend zone than push it any further. I don't even know that I want anything further, just that he is a really good guy and I enjoy hanging out with him.



  • I know that we are all trying to find out who we are and that life is a journey, but what happens when you find a part of yourself that you really don't like? I feel like over the past few weeks I've found something that I wish I hadn't. That I wish was still buried. A part of me that has a short temper and isn't as responsive to how other people feel as I would like to be. I do not like that part of me at all . . .

  • So it's kind of interesting, but I've actually been hanging out with girls lately. In the past, I've found my comfort just chilling with the guys since there seems to be a little less drama and a lot more straight-forwardness, but I am happy to say that "Fawn" is one cool chick; an ally of sorts. We're alike in a lot of ways, but different enough to be interesting. Yay for someone who understands what "CAOS" means!

I must say congratulations if you were able to pull something worthwhile out of all of that. With so much knocking around in my head, it didn't come out in a very cohesive manner.

No comments: