Tuesday, March 27, 2007

At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. -Jean Houston(1937- )

*Sigh* I am so happy that the ending of things is finally over and I can concentrate on the beginning of things. Justin came over Wednesday night and we watched a movie and had a good conversation. Honest to goodness, I don't know how it started, but it turned into a DTR. My favorite part: "So from now on I will be your [Justin] and you will be my Carrie. . ."

For something that I didn't anticipate, it was wonderful. It was a little weird since I still had two dates scheduled for that weekend, but Justin said he trusted me. Trust how cool is that?

David and I had a little talk on Thursday before I went to my dad's party, but the talk did not go the direction he was expecting. He was hurt and angry, but after a couple of days and another talk to follow-up and reaffirm the previous choice I made, it seems that situation of things has calmed down. He told me that he loved me. . . I am so excited for the day when he has finds someone and can look back and know that whatever he feels for me is not love. He deserves that.

Since the talk with David automatically cancelled my date for Saturday I just had to worry about my date Friday with M&Ms. We went to the symphony which was amazing. It was my first time and it certainly didn't disappoint. There were people of all different ages and sizes and shapes and they were all there because they wanted to listen to beautiful music. I could see myself getting just as stoked for a symphony as a rock show (The Early November is coming on the 30th by the way).

M&Ms and I talked about discontinuing dating today when he asked me out for this coming Friday. He was pretty bummed, but I think it won't be so bad because we've only been out a couple of times. I am glad that I can see friendship as a possibility with him.

Saturday night I went to The Pie, a pizza place/bar (best cheese pull-aparts ever) with Justin and a bunch of his friends. One of the things I've been nervous about has been how Justin's friends would receive me. Many of them have known me since the first time we dated, but there is one guy "Melee" who I've never really felt I have given the best impression. Being a quiet person and nervous (even though Justin hasn't really told his friends at this point), I guess I was pretty withdrawn whenMelee said, "Carrie, if you don't put a smile on your face right now I'll smack you upside the head."

That was the best thing he could have ever said and from that point on he has gained nothing but respect from me. It made me laugh, it made everyone else laugh, and it just made it easier to feel like it would be okay. I am so grateful for that.

No comments: