Friday, March 30, 2007

Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. -Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915)

You know when you go to a club and you're waiting in the line and there is that group of people that somehow have the hook-up with somebody so that they don't have to wait in the crazy-long line like everyone else? That group that doesn't have to pay cover and knows the bartenders so they treat you really well? That group that knows the DJ and his two kids? That group that people just make space for on the dance floor? . . .Tonight I was in that group.

It was a really good time. I wasn't really planning on a big night out or anything, but after Institute and dinner with AP, Marie, and Marie's cousin I met up with Justin and we went to Area with Melee, "Madrid", "Audrey", and "Tiffany". I was surprised at how comfortable I felt.

They just took me as I was. It didn't matter if I did or didn't drink (thanks Melee for the Coke, by the way) or that my dancing is not something to be proud of. It was just kicking back and laughing. It didn't matter if I dressed up. It didn't matter to Justin if I let my hand rest on his knee. I didn't have to worry about doing something wrong. It was so relieving just to have that ability to not care.

No comments: