Sunday, February 11, 2007

Getting out of bed in the morning is an act of false confidence. -Jules Feiffer (1929- )

It was a beautiful thing this morning being snuggled perfectly in my mounds of blankets. No cold air sneaking through. No alarm clock to get up by. I knew it was by no means early by the light coming through the slits of my blinds, but I didn't want to leave that feeling of complete comfort.

I heard my door creak open and the sounds of little paws hopping to the stool and then onto my bed. It is not uncommon for one or both of my beagles to come to my room for a morning nap after their breakfast. Then I heard a new, not so familiar, "hic. . . hic. . . hic...". Opening my eyes I saw my sweet, sweet four year old niece with hiccups, big blue eyes and all, climbing onto my bed to wiggle in the niche beside me. . . . It was a beautiful thing this morning.

No comments: