Saturday, February 24, 2007

Things do not change; we change. -Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

I realize that this is going to be an incredibly long blog and I apologize for that, but I hope you enjoy it or get something out of it or something.

A few weeks ago I wrote about a
splendid night and never got back to talking about it. Well, now it's kind of pertinent, so I'll try to sum it up. I went with my friend "AP" to play games. In the group, there was his brother, "David" and two other guys. It was a fun night, and after a series of events I came to find out that David was interested in getting to know me better. He invited me to hang out with him last Saturday. We ended up going to dinner with his sister, her husband and their two children and then bowling afterwards.

I think the first thing that impressed me about David was that it was apparent that his nieces adore him. Generally guys recognize that it is important to be good with kids, but anybody watching the way that they interacted would know that it wasn't a show. That it was an ongoing thing. It was awesome getting to know him outside of texts and whatnot. I bowled my highest game (122) and got a turkey. It was a fun night.

Had an interesting conversation after sunday school. We had a great time discussing and debating a question. It's too bad that it isn't gospel oriented at all. I will pose the question to you: Who would win in a fight? Tinkerbell or Cinderella? My bets are on Cinderella. Yeah, Tink has fairy dust and has the advantage in flying, but Cinderalla must have some serious muscle built up from all that scrubbing and washing. Seriously.

"Marie" and I went shopping Tuesday in search of a date outfit for myself for Wednesday. Have you ever wondered why it's so easy for women to have a shoe addiction? Marie nailed it. The thing about shoes is that unlike clothes shopping, women generally do not care was size of shoe they where. Therefore they want as many as they can have because it doesn't suck so much shopping for them. So guys, if you want women to stop spending money on shoes, maybe you should make other sizes about as insignificant as the sizes of shoes.

Wednesday afternoon I went out with my mom and we were about to go get something to eat when I got a phone call. When I answered it was Marsha, an MT at the biggest store at Seagull. She asked me if I was sitting down and then said, "We would like to offer you the assistant manager position in our store." Usually I laugh about the sitting down thing for big news, but that was a crazy feeling. The offer is big in a few ways:


  • It's a full-time position with guarenteed hours whereas my current position is only part time
  • It includes benefits
  • It maintains my Assistant Manager status
  • It includes a pay raise

I couldn't stop myself from crying. I think I scared my mom to death. You know how people always bare their testimonies about all those great things that happen when you pay your tithing? I think that this is my first experience with that. I am so excited!


Later that night, David and I went on a date. He is so amazing sweet and although he hasn't had a whole lot experience in the relationship, he's so willing to try and understand everything. He is intelligent and independant. It's great to talk to a guy who is able to put his opinion out there, but not make you feel like he's forcing it on you. When we met up I felt great and he looked really nice. We went to see "Bridge to Terebithia", which was pretty good. We cuddled a bit and afterwards when we were walking around it was nice to laugh. I felt special and kept smiling even though he kicked my trash in go fish--twice. I'm not sure that he's totally comfortable yet, but he's easing into everything just fine.

There is a benefit and a drawback to dating a guy that doesn't have a lot of histories. I found that out Thursday during a messenger conversation. David is so honest and real. I love that! He is great at just putting himself out there and I am terrified to do that! I guess past experiences have made me more cautious in throwing myself into things. In my trying to avoid being hurt, but I am concerned that he will get hurt instead.


Today was my last day at my store. Even including all holidays, computer problems, power outages, terrigle customers, I think today was the hardest work day I've ever had. I said good-bye to my coworkers and even one of my favorite customers that came in. I will have to re-do my make-up before I go out tonight. lol.


...I think that's it. I hope so. My eyes are tired from looking at the screen.

No comments: