Tuesday, February 27, 2007

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus (1913 - 1960)

It is a horrible feeling when you have a capability that you take for granted stolen from you. Of course, my stupidity is what was the cause of my loss of mobility. Last week at work I strained my back carrying a stack of books (I promise it was really big stack). It was getting better and then yesterday morning I really screwed it up somehow.

I found myself cringing when I had to sit down or pick something up off of the ground and then not wanting to deal with the pain it would take to stand back up. My pride took a hit when I needed help. I do not think I realized how lucky I am to be independant so much of the time.

David and I were supposed to go downtown last night, but when it was apparent that I wouldn't be able to walk around he came over instead. I wasn't terribly exciting company. We watched "Cars" and cuddled. It was a wonderful end to a hard day.

No comments: