Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom. H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Oh the beauty of days off. Although it would appear to be a day to do nothing, I have found it is important to make something of it to negate the potential laciviousness that could ensue otherwise. Please do not mistake that as a call to be on the go all the time. Today I made sure to sleep in and have no pressing errands that couldn't wait until the afternoon.

I went to the rec center and ran. It is sad how long it has been since I took the time to go, but it felt amazing to feel the hot blood in my cheeks and my muscles contract and release as I picked up and set down my feet. I have no claim to speed or endurance, but that doesn't change the freedom I feel. Maybe it is a little ironic that I find freedom in running in circles.

Lunch with mom was nice. A lot of it was avoiding talking about the different guys in my life. She has the best of intentions and is trying so hard to relate to what is going on with me, but the truth is I have a hard enough time finding a different focus in my mind than men that I wish she wouldn't bring all of that to the forefront when we are together.

A quick stop at Barnes and Noble to meet up with Ed. Two more books purchased to add to my mountain to read.

A cat nap and a night out with "Fawn" was perfect. It is awesome having a friend who understands all of the goofy girl stuff; who knows how to laugh in a chick flick and most-importantly, that ice cream is the only dessert that will fill the cracks after a good meal.

No comments: